Employee Time Sheet Manager Excel Template
- 34'156 Downloads
- 31.3 Mb File Size
- April 2, 2019 Updated
- 1 Number of comments
- Yes Free
This is an employee time sheet manager which could help you manage and track your employee’s time attendance. Based on previous timesheet templates which being used to track employee’s time in a single piece of paper, I put automatic function in this new template to make you generate timesheets as well as recording it in one excel file easily. The free template that you can download below is limited to cover one year period of tracking and accommodate until up to 250 employees.
You can follow the short guidance below to start utilizing this template.
Set Spreadsheet Parameter
Go to Setup worksheet, and
- Type your company attendance starting period
- Select your company workdays in a week (in Lite version you can only choose Saturday and Sunday as additional workdays, while the Pro version will allow you to select/deselect any days in a week)
- Define your company absence parameter
- Specify your company regular/normal working hour per day
- Type your country or company official holiday dates
Input Employee Information
Go to Employee Info worksheet and put your employee’s ID, name, title, department, hired date, resign date, and their hourly rate for normal/regular hour, overtime and absence (if any). Leave the first two column, Employee Sheet and No columns, because this column will show employee’s timesheet links and no automatically.
Generate Blank Timesheet
There is a “Create Blank Timesheet” link in this worksheet which will bring you to the blank timesheet generator worksheet that you can customize, print and distribute to related employees to be manually filled before being inputted in this excel file.
Go to Employee Info worksheet
- Click on “edit timesheet” link to go to related employee timesheet.
- Click on “Create Blank Sheet”
- Set timesheet parameter (starting date and report period). There is an option to show or hide related employee hourly cost that you can select.
- Select Employee’s Name
Input Daily Attendance Working Hour
Go to Employee Info worksheet and click on “edit timesheet” link to go to related employee timesheet or you can click on Time Sheet tab.
In this timesheet, you can start to track your employee’s attendance by filling the Time In and Time Out column as well as their absence hour. Before you start typing those time attendance, you can set the allocation absence time for one year period in the right table with absence allocation codes as its reference cells.I put some guidance on each header in comment boxes which will show up when you hover your mouse over those header.
Follow the format below for typing in Time In/Out column
- Format : HH:MM (Hour:Minute), example, come at 8 o’clock and break at 1 o’clock, you should type “8:00” and “13:00”
- TAH (Total Absence Hour) : Type the number of absence hour of absence employee
- Format : HH:MM (Hour:Minute), example, absence for 4 and half hour, you should type “4:30”
Generate attendance report
There is two types of report that you can generate. A summary attendance report for all employees and an individual attendance report. The first one is a report which will show you a table with list of employee at the left column at the table and their working hour summary at the left part of the table. To generate the report, just select particular year and month and choose overtime to be included if you want to add those time in the report. The latter one will have the report format like a timesheet, except you cannot modify the time in the table. Select employee’s name to reveal their working time on this report. You can customize how it is displayed by changing the starting date and report period parameter.
For this template to run it well, you need Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 running on Windows OS or Microsoft Excel 2011 running on Mac OS.
≡ Automatic Individual Time Sheet Generator
Everytime you add a new employee in Employee Information, the excel formula will automatically assign a new worksheet for that new employee
≡ Automatic Non Working Day Markers
Some companies apply different working days instead of normal Saturday or Sunday. There is features in this spreadsheet that will allow you to custom your working days and holidays where it will help you differentiate the working and non working days.
≡ Automatic Working Time Calculation
This feature will ease you calculating each employee working time by entering their start and end working time.
≡ Custom Attendance Parameter
There are 8 (eight) custom attendance or absence parameters.
≡ Flexible Report Period
In Individual Employee report, you will have features which will allow you to print and evaluate employee’s working hour based on your selected preferences.
- Starting Date : Type any dates
- Starting Report Date : Based on your starting date or the first day of the week (Monday)
- Report Period : Day(s), Week(s), Month(s)
In All employees report, you will have features which will allow you to see all working hours with/without overtime based on month/week period.
How useful was this template?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.9 / 5. Vote count: 23
We are sorry 🙁
Help us improve!
Thanks for your feedback!