Open and Free Project Management Tools
We love Microsoft Excel but let’s be honest, sometimes it’s not enough to get the job done.
Here is a list of FREE and/or Open Source Project Management tools.
We are keeping this list up-to-date. If you know a tool we should add to this list, please send your suggestion to us.
Last updated: July 26, 2019
- OpenProj is an open-source desktop project management application similar to Microsoft Project (similar interface)
- Open Workbench is a desktop application for project management and scheduling in which you can define a work breakdown structure, set dependencies and resource constraints, assign resources to tasks, auto schedule and then monitor progress
- ]project-open[ is an Open Source Application for Project Management/PMO, IT Service Management and Professional Service Automation
- dotProject is a volunteer-supported Open Source Project Management tool with no “company” behind the project. Includes features like time sheets, Gantt Charts, invoices, and file tracking
- Agantty is a free, web-based super easy project management tool
- PMbyAS – Indice is a web-based system designed for task management
- Wekan is an open source kanban tool
- ProjectLibre is a free and open-source project management software system intended ultimately as a standalone replacement for Microsoft Project
- Redmine is a cross-platform and cross-database flexible project management web application (written using the Ruby on Rails framework)
- MyCollab is an agile productive project management cloud service
- SimManTools is a collection of web-based, simple, commonly used management tools
- Austin is a program for project management in XML (Windows only)
- GanttProject is a free project scheduling and management app for Windows, OSX and Linux
- Planner is a Windows version of GNOME Planner (Project Management Software)
- JProjectTimer is a Java project time planning with Gantt charts
- Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool
- MPXJ is a Java tool that can work with several Project file formats
- Opensched is a project management tool to generate textural descriptions of the generated project plan. Gantt charts, and network diagrams from an input file.
- TaskJuggler is a free and Open Source software project management tool
- Tobedone is a free to-do management program