Excel Templates | Excel Spreadsheets | UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet

UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet

Posted on April 21, 2012

European football major league competition are closing to reveal its champions. By the time I posted this Euro 2012 Football Tournament Match Schedule and Scoresheet template, in Italy, AC Milan was trailing Juventus by one point, in Spain, Barcelona was trailing Real Madrid by 4 points, in England, Manchester United was leading Manchester City by 5 points which could endanger Roberto Mancini position as City head coach.

Soon after all leagues finished their competition, all players where their countries are participating in Euro 2012 football tournament, which will be held in Poland and Ukraine between 8 June and 1 July 2012, will have to prepare theirselves for the tournament. There are 16 countries that will fight to become the best team in Europe this year.

Twelve of those sixteen finalists are participated at the previous tournament in 2008. The last participation of two team, England and Denmark, were in 2004. Republic of Ireland is return after an absence of 24 years. Ukraine make their debut as an independent nation, having previously participated as part of the Soviet Union.

The complete sixteen finalists are: Croatia,Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland(Co-host), Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Russia, Spain(Defending Champion), Sweden, Ukraine (Co-host)

All team are divided into 4 groups where each countries will meet once and the winner and runner up of each groups will advance into knock out phase.

There is a tie-breaker rule will be applied when team are sharing the same points after all group matches are completed.

The rule is based on paragraph 8.07 and 8.08 of UEFA policy document, which quoted as follows :
If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied, in the order given; to determine the rankings:
a) higher number of points obtained in the matches among the teams in question;
b) superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more
than two teams finish equal on points);
c) higher number of goals scored in the matches among the teams in question (if
more than two teams finish equal on points);
d) superior goal difference in all the group matches;
e) higher number of goals scored in all the group matches;
f) position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system (see Annex I, paragraph 1.2.2);

(1) Spain 43,116
(11) Portugal 31,202
(12) France 30,508
(13) Republic of Ireland 28,203
(14) Ukraine 28,029
(15) Czech Republic 27,982
(16) Poland 23,806

g) fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);
h) drawing of lots.

If two teams which have the same number of points, the same number of goals scored and conceded play their last group match against each other and are still equal at the end of that match, the ranking of the two teams in question is determined by kicks from the penalty mark (Article 16), provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points on completion of all group matches. Should more than two teams have the same number of points, the criteria listed under paragraph 8.07 apply.

It looked like that the tie breaker rule for this tournament will stop at point f), because there are no countries that are sharing same coefficient.

There are 4 type of spreadsheets available to be downloaded, and I will add more model next month. The flag images I used in these spreadsheets are taken from nordicfactory.com.

How to use this spreadsheet :
Change Language :
Click the drop down box at cell H2 and select your prefered language. There are 41 languages available to be chosen.
Those are: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maldives, Maltese, Mongolian, Norway, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Spanish (Argentine), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.

Most of them are based on translation of World Cup 2010 tournament spreadsheet. I used Google Translation service to translate some words that I couldn’t find from that World Cup spreadsheet. I would be pleased if you can send me some corrections if you found improper translation.

Change Timezone :
Click the drop down box at cell H4 and select your prefered timezone. If your city is not available in the list, just select the timezone which represent best your city timezone.

Group Phase :
Fill the score in score boxes and let the formula works.

Knock Out Phase :
When all group matches are finished, all group winners and runner ups will automatically be placed in corresponding boxes. Fill the “Normal Time” score boxes, followed by “Extra Time” score boxes if the matches is going into extra time, followed by “Penalty Shoot Out” score boxes if the matches has to be decided by penalty kicks. Do this until the 2012 champion is revealed.

You can download those files below :

UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet with Flag V3.13 (Excel 2007/2010) (436.9 KiB, 33,837 hits)

UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet with Flag V3.13 (Excel 97/2003) (312.7 KiB, 15,415 hits)

UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet without Flag V3.13 (Excel 97/2003) (162.4 KiB, 5,084 hits)

UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet without Flag V3.13 (Excel 2007/2010) (180.0 KiB, 8,282 hits)

Let me know if you found some errors or bugs, so I can correct it before the tournament is begun.

If you like my templates, you can donate me 8 bucks and in return I will send you the unlocked template where you can see and learn how the tie breaker formula works as well as other excel formulas that form this template. And I believe that you will respect my creation that you will use for your own purpose and won’t distribute this unlocked template to anybody without my permission or claim it as yours.

Get Unlocked UEFA Euro 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet
Buy Now

(Visited 939 times, 1 visits today)

Comments

78 Responses to “UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet”

1. AMR on June 13th, 2012 10:00 am

HEHEEEEE

2. Abdulla on June 13th, 2012 5:13 pm

please send me password. i want to learn advance excel

3. Rob on June 14th, 2012 10:56 am

What if Holland-Portugal is 1-0 and Germany-Denmark 2-0? In that case Denmark is of course eliminated because of 8.7b. According to your sheet, Netherlands then qualifies, but according to 8.7c Portugal will. 8.7b is not reevaluated without the Denmark game until 8.7c and 8.7d are looked at. Unless I’m mistaken, which I hope. 😉

4. Musadya on June 14th, 2012 4:26 pm

@Abdulla: You can proceed to the paypal link to get the unlocked one
    @Rob: Which spreadsheet that you are using? Because, when I put your score scenario, it will reveal Portugal to qualify to knock out stages, not Denmark after 8.7d since both teams have the same points, goal difference and goals scored after removing their match results against Germany. Netherlands is eliminated because they have worse goals scored.

Anyway, there is a new rule from UEFA which re-rank both team based on their head-to-head meeting, which still reveal Portugal to advance to the knock out rounds because Portugal has beaten Denmark.

It is always fun to predict and play with scores :). Hope there will be no tie-breaker rule has to be applied.

Regards

5. david on June 14th, 2012 5:31 pm

I have windows 2010. I pressed the button to unlockit (sorry i don’t know its name in English) and i could see the formulas. I’m not going to copy them, its just to remind you to put a password next time.

6. Matteus on June 15th, 2012 6:27 am

Hi, need help!!

Ive been using this otherwise great excel for the pool at my job.

The problem is, that it randomly changes the standard worths to dates.. and cant change it back..
    This has happened three time now.. the last two times i have just entered all the data again.. but is there a way to change it back???

7. Stefan on June 15th, 2012 8:12 am

Hi
    Great spreadsheet!
    Just noticed one thing this morning: The game between England and Sweden tonight has a date of 15/06/2008, rather than 2012. I am not sure if this is also the reason why the game is showing as match no 15 and the earlier Ukraine v France match is showing as 16 instead of the other way around.
    I hope this does not affect the functionality of the spreadsheet in any way.
    Stefan

8. Mário Perdigão on June 16th, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi there
    Great job.
    You asked for corrections. In portuguese, the translation of Time ( of the matches ) would be a lot better with “Hora” instead of “time” ( column G ).
    Congratulations

9. Mário Perdigão on June 16th, 2012 9:54 pm

Sorry. I meant “Hora” instead of “Tempo”

10. Johan on June 17th, 2012 10:07 am

Absolutely great spread sheet. The only possible error that might occure is when it is is so tight, that even the UEFA officials also have a problem with it. Mostly regarding internal wins compared to goal scores.
    For instance, on the 17th of June, try and insert Portugal to win 1-0 over Netherlands and Denmark to win 1-0 over Germany. Very tight, where apperantly Germany ends as nr 3, even if they won over Portugal. Portugal won over Denmark and Denmark over Germany :) But maybe you got it right. I don’t know the rules 100% my self.

Just would like to send a compliment. Very nice work.

P.S. After the group play (quarter, semi and final), all the flags on the left side (team 1) are not to be seen. They are there, but just as a narrow line. I have tried to expand the I collum, but the flag is still too narrow. But minor and not at all important fault.

11. James on June 17th, 2012 5:47 pm

Sorry this is a bit long…

As Johan has explained, if you have Portugal win 1-0 v Holland and Denmark win 1-0 v Germany. Then you end up like this:

Team Pts F A GD
    Den 6 4 3 1
    Por 6 4 3 1
    Ger 6 3 2 1
    Hol 0 1 4 -3

So ranking the three at the top will be:

Team Pts F A GD
    Den 3 3 3 0
    Por 3 3 3 0
    Ger 3 1 1 0

Here the GD is the same, but Denmark and Portugal have scored more than Germany in the matches between these teams, so Germany is rightfully placed 3rd.

But the problem is where it ranks Denmark ahead of Portugal afterwards. Once 1 of the 3 teams have been ranked, it’s then re-ranked by head-to-head between the teams that are still not separated (ie. H2H between Denmark and Portugal). Portugal won 3-2 v Denmark so surely Portugal should end up 1st, not Denmark like it says in the spreadsheet.

Apart from that, good stuff!

12. Wardie on June 17th, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi

I updated my spreadsheet this evening while Germany and Netherlands were both 1-0 up.

It showed Denmark in 2nd place, while ITV showed Portugal heading through (on head-to-head goals scored).

Just thought I’d mention it. Thanks to going to so much trouble.

13. Johan on June 19th, 2012 9:40 pm

And to sum it up regarding the group play, this template does not get the correct result in group D, but it is “only” number 3 and 4 that are incorrect. (Sveden and Ukraine) But I am just mentioning it because if the same formulas are used for all positions, then this could show wrong with team 2 and 3, which is more important.

But nevertheless, I really like your work and please take all comments from me only to contribute in making it flawless. :) I almost is already :)

14. victor on June 19th, 2012 10:25 pm

yes, good programing but a mistake in group D- direct result between teams rule not applied. Obviously you know about the rule because you did apply this rule in group A- Greece-Russia but you forgot it in group D- resulted in Ukraine-Sweden order.

15. David on June 19th, 2012 10:29 pm

Angleterre
    France
    Ukraine
    Suède

😉

16. Musadya on June 19th, 2012 10:40 pm

@Johan, @Victor, @David: Thanks for feedback. As I mention in the beginning of the these comments, I didn’t apply any tie-breaker formula for rank 3rd and 4th, because the comparison outcome won’t affect the knock out teams. Cheers.

17. 5ZIGENZ on June 22nd, 2012 7:17 am

I like for Portugal and Spain it’s far way and i don’t fil the things i so happy in prestesion Portugal and Spain good job evry one no win and no lose they are teams good

18. Pete on June 24th, 2012 2:36 pm

I have been trying to download a EURO 2012 speadsheet for nearly 2 weeks but with no success. Someone please tell me how to do it before the competition finishes!!

19. Musadya on June 25th, 2012 2:25 pm

@Pete: You can try to download it from different browser :).

20. Am on June 26th, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi there,

Many thanks for the excel template. I would like to aks your support and advice on match 26 (germany-greece). I get N/A all over the place in my predictor leader list if i fill in the score.

Am I the only one who is facing this issue??

Regards,

Adil

21. Okwe on July 2nd, 2012 12:18 am

Hi
    Good excel for the Euro 2012. Are you planning something like this for the London Olympics 2012 Male football or we have to create one from your tutorials?
    Regards
    Okwe

22. res on July 3rd, 2012 4:46 pm

how the flag formula works?
    can you explain that?

23. Steve on July 4th, 2012 3:01 am

Great! Please do one for London Olympic Football as well. Tks.

24. Michael on July 8th, 2012 11:42 am

London Olympics football stats sheet would be brilliant. I have the spreadsheet but cannot fathom how to change the team names without occuring errors. any ideas, am not much of an excel buff

25. Gheorghe on July 26th, 2012 9:16 am

Great spreadsheets for EURO2012, Any chance of a Rugby League World Cup 2013 spreadsheet ???

26. Melman on August 9th, 2012 11:49 pm

I would like to use your spreadsheet to for my Men’s soccer league. It consists of 2 divisions with 8-10 teams/division.

Some areas I can see where changes can be made, but for the most part I am unsure where to make modifications without messing the entire thing up.
    Would you be willing to give some insight?

27. Ishtiak, Bangladesh on August 31st, 2012 9:05 am

grt job…thx a lot…can u plz give us it in Bangla…?

28. Takis on October 15th, 2012 8:56 am

Hello,
    great job!
    Plz let me know, if i will pay the 8 bucks and get the unlocked version, i can edit the names of the teams ?