Excel Templates | Excel Spreadsheets | UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet

UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet

Posted on April 21, 2012

European football major league competition are closing to reveal its champions. By the time I posted this Euro 2012 Football Tournament Match Schedule and Scoresheet template, in Italy, AC Milan was trailing Juventus by one point, in Spain, Barcelona was trailing Real Madrid by 4 points, in England, Manchester United was leading Manchester City by 5 points which could endanger Roberto Mancini position as City head coach.

Soon after all leagues finished their competition, all players where their countries are participating in Euro 2012 football tournament, which will be held in Poland and Ukraine between 8 June and 1 July 2012, will have to prepare theirselves for the tournament. There are 16 countries that will fight to become the best team in Europe this year.

UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet with Flag V2.91 845x1024 UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet

Twelve of those sixteen finalists are participated at the previous tournament in 2008. The last participation of two team, England and Denmark, were in 2004. Republic of Ireland is return after an absence of 24 years. Ukraine make their debut as an independent nation, having previously participated as part of the Soviet Union.

The complete sixteen finalists are: Croatia,Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland(Co-host), Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Russia, Spain(Defending Champion), Sweden, Ukraine (Co-host)

All team are divided into 4 groups where each countries will meet once and the winner and runner up of each groups will advance into knock out phase.

There is a tie-breaker rule will be applied when team are sharing the same points after all group matches are completed.

The rule is based on paragraph 8.07 and 8.08 of UEFA policy document, which quoted as follows :
If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied, in the order given; to determine the rankings:
a) higher number of points obtained in the matches among the teams in question;
b) superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more
than two teams finish equal on points);
c) higher number of goals scored in the matches among the teams in question (if
more than two teams finish equal on points);
d) superior goal difference in all the group matches;
e) higher number of goals scored in all the group matches;
f) position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system (see Annex I, paragraph 1.2.2);

(1) Spain 43,116
(11) Portugal 31,202
(12) France 30,508
(13) Republic of Ireland 28,203
(14) Ukraine 28,029
(15) Czech Republic 27,982
(16) Poland 23,806

g) fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);
h) drawing of lots.

If two teams which have the same number of points, the same number of goals scored and conceded play their last group match against each other and are still equal at the end of that match, the ranking of the two teams in question is determined by kicks from the penalty mark (Article 16), provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points on completion of all group matches. Should more than two teams have the same number of points, the criteria listed under paragraph 8.07 apply.

It looked like that the tie breaker rule for this tournament will stop at point f), because there are no countries that are sharing same coefficient.

There are 4 type of spreadsheets available to be downloaded, and I will add more model next month. The flag images I used in these spreadsheets are taken from nordicfactory.com.

How to use this spreadsheet :
Change Language :
Click the drop down box at cell H2 and select your prefered language. There are 41 languages available to be chosen.
Those are: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maldives, Maltese, Mongolian, Norway, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Spanish (Argentine), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.

Most of them are based on translation of World Cup 2010 tournament spreadsheet. I used Google Translation service to translate some words that I couldn’t find from that World Cup spreadsheet. I would be pleased if you can send me some corrections if you found improper translation.

Change Timezone :
Click the drop down box at cell H4 and select your prefered timezone. If your city is not available in the list, just select the timezone which represent best your city timezone.

Group Phase :
Fill the score in score boxes and let the formula works.

Knock Out Phase :
When all group matches are finished, all group winners and runner ups will automatically be placed in corresponding boxes. Fill the “Normal Time” score boxes, followed by “Extra Time” score boxes if the matches is going into extra time, followed by “Penalty Shoot Out” score boxes if the matches has to be decided by penalty kicks. Do this until the 2012 champion is revealed.

You can download those files below :

zip UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet  UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet with Flag V3.13 (Excel 2007/2010) (436.9 KiB, 32,723 hits)

zip UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet  UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet with Flag V3.13 (Excel 97/2003) (312.7 KiB, 14,681 hits)

zip UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet  UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet without Flag V3.13 (Excel 97/2003) (162.4 KiB, 4,787 hits)

zip UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet  UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet without Flag V3.13 (Excel 2007/2010) (180.0 KiB, 7,912 hits)

Let me know if you found some errors or bugs, so I can correct it before the tournament is begun.

If you like my templates, you can donate me 8 bucks and in return I will send you the unlocked template where you can see and learn how the tie breaker formula works as well as other excel formulas that form this template. And I believe that you will respect my creation that you will use for your own purpose and won’t distribute this unlocked template to anybody without my permission or claim it as yours.

Get Unlocked UEFA Euro 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet
 UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet

Comments

78 Responses to “UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet”

1. Paul on April 22nd, 2012 10:09 am

Great job …. again !!!!

2. Jonathan on April 22nd, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi

First of all let me tell you I admire your work
    You got me into using excel as a tool to follow football and it’s enriched my knowledge of the software.
    I happen to live in Israel and I would be glad to assist you with some of the translations to Hebrew (although you got most of it right)
    So send me an email and we’ll be in touch.

Great work again!

Jonathan

3. Keith on April 23rd, 2012 5:59 pm

Great spreadsheet, one teeny error, the England flag is the flag of St George, red cross on white background, the one shown is for United Kingdom commonly called the “Union Jack”.

4. sudana.iwayan on April 24th, 2012 2:49 am

i already paid via paypal, pls checked.
    would you send me unlocked version xls

Thanx

5. ash on April 24th, 2012 4:39 pm

hi,
    i was wonder if you assist me, i like to run a sweepstake at work (for approx 30 people) for euro 2012 based on goals scored minutes eg if england score one goal in the 89 min they are award 89 points,if england score 2 goals in the 2nd & 5th min they are awarded 7 points etc. the idea is people select 2 teams from each group and the total tally up until the end of euor 2012 i have little excel knowledge, and hope you can guide me in the right direction

6. SASHA1988 on April 25th, 2012 12:14 pm

? ????? ????? ? ??? ??? ????????????? ???? ?? ????? ??????? 2 ??????? ??????? ????????? ????? ? ???? ?? ??? ?? ????? ??? ??? ????? ??????? ???? ????? 1 ??? ??????? ? ?????? ??????? ???? ??????? ???? ? ? ???? ?????????? ??? ??? ??????? ? ???????? ????? 0 ?? ????? ? ????-???

7. SASHA1988 on April 25th, 2012 12:17 pm

I found a mistake in that way to define a place for the playoffs 2 teams scored the same points and one of them did not come out as a single team had a negative goal difference and the other team was zero and the difference is I got so that the team heads to the difference 0 not out in the playoffs

8. Musadya on April 25th, 2012 2:54 pm

@Paul n @Jonathan: Thank you
    @Keith: Noted. I will fix it in the next version
    @Sudana: There will be an automatic download link sent to your email. Let me know if you haven’t received it.
    @ash: It will take some time to do it. But, I cannot give you a promise.
    @Sasha: There is a tie-breaker rule which rank teams based on head-to-head result if they are sharing the same points instead of just rank the team based on goal difference. With this rule, the team with worse goal difference could advance to knock out phase if it has a better head-to-head result among teams with same points. It is applied also in Champions League group matches.

9. SASHA1988 on April 26th, 2012 5:36 am

as you say the password and I can crack your password

10. sudana.iwayan on April 30th, 2012 7:37 am

already received
    Thanx

11. Shan on May 3rd, 2012 6:02 pm

Thank you for the work you put into this.
    it looks great and very simple to use.
    Thank you again. :)
    *** GO NETHERLAND ****

12. Gandolfo on May 4th, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for your great job ;)

And what about an office pool like the previous one for the World Cup 2010? Could it be possible?

Thanks in advance!

13. raimea on May 5th, 2012 12:53 pm

ottimo
    meriti un 10 e lode, perfetto
    grazie

14. glenn on May 5th, 2012 9:02 pm

fantastic sheet, have paypaled you, so please send me the password.

15. glenn on May 5th, 2012 9:57 pm

thank you!!

16. Koko on May 8th, 2012 2:10 pm

I believe I found a mistake in your implementation of the tie-breaking rule. I filled out the following results for group 1:
    Poland – Greece 2-1
    Russia – Czech Rep 2-0
    Greece – Czech Rep 1-2
    Poland – Russia 4-3
    Czech Rep – Poland 1-0
    Greece – Russia 1-2

Resulting table in the Excel sheet is:
    1. Poland 6 (6-5)
    2. Czech Republic 6 (3-3)
    3. Russia 6 (7-5)
    4. Greece 0 (3-6)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I do believe that since Poland, Czech Rep and Russia are tied in points, the results in the matches amongst them should only be looked at, which basically means removing their results against Greece. But since they all beat Greece by 2-1, we could still simply rank them by goal difference first and goals scored second. Which would yield:
    1. Russia
    2. Poland
    3. Czech Rep
    4. Greece

Oddly enough, changing the result of the match Poland-Russia from 4-3 to 3-2 all of sudden puts Russia in second place (and Czech Rep in 3rd) although I cannot see how this could possibly be to their advantage.

Regards,

Koko

17. Musadya on May 8th, 2012 5:14 pm

@Shan @Raimea: thanks
    @Gandolfo: pool is on the making. I plan to make it like F1 dashboard.
    @Koko: you are absolutely correct. thank you for your correction. I have looked back my tie-breaker formula and I missed to include two new goal columns in tie-breaker formula. The revised version will be available within 24 hours.

18. Download UEFA EURO Schedule and Scoresheet 2012 2.91 – enable you to keep track of the UEFA competition scores – Copir.net on May 9th, 2012 1:29 pm

[...] exceltemplate.net License / Price: Freeware Size: 384 KB OS: Windows, Mac OS Version: 2.91 Last Updated: 09.05.2012 [...]

19. Koko on May 10th, 2012 11:04 am

@Musadya: no problem! Btw: I did find a smaller error in the tie-breaker rule which is also in your revised version. When no. 3 and 4 of a group are tied in points they are sorted on goal difference rather than head-to-head. The rule is applied correctly when it involves higher ranked teams, so it never affects the quarter-finalists in any way, but you still might want to fix it.

Regards,

Koko

20. Tony C on May 10th, 2012 2:24 pm

Absolute brilliant…I am keen to learn how to make a ladder for 3 or 5 teams?

Which excel template will help me to learn?

Thanks again for Euro 2012!

Regards
    Tony

21. Jadwal Piala Eropa 2012 Format Excel – VIVAforum on May 10th, 2012 3:37 pm

[...] Buat rekan2 yang butuh jadwal piala Eropa 2012 dalam format excel bisa mendonlot file excel di web exceltemplate.net. Gak cuma jadwal, tapi ada scoresheetnya. Jadi rekan2 bisa ngoprek2 skornya dan liat ranking [...]

22. Musadya on May 10th, 2012 4:33 pm

@Koko: Thank you for your feedback. I am aware about those 3rd and 4th rank issues. But, as you said, the tie-breaker rule won’t affect the quarter-finalists, so I leave it like that. Besides, it needs more helper columns and formulas to accommodate it and it will make the size of excel file larger. My Champions League template is a sample that you can see that I have to implement a tie-breaker rule for the 3rd and 4th rank, since the 3rd rank will qualify for European League.

Regards – Musadya

23. Musadya on May 10th, 2012 4:39 pm

@Tony: There are several soccer templates in this site that you can download. And there is a basic tutorial on how to create a soccer standing table. And, as you already have the unlocked one, you can also learn the advance formulas and try to create your own based on those.

Thanks – Musadya

24. David on May 12th, 2012 1:18 pm

Great work as always. I’d happily provide you with an improved Maltese translation if you let me know where I can provide these to you.

25. Euro 2012 kicks off 8th of June – will you be wearing the green of Ireland? | GotIreland on May 14th, 2012 6:40 am

[...] can download a free UEFA EURO 2012 Excel Schedule and Scoresheet here. The document allows you enter in scores as they happen and calculates the table position of each [...]

26. Maxim on May 15th, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi! Thaks a lot for the great job!
    I tried to put in your table some results in your table and that is what I’ve got (for example):

group B results:
    NED 1 – 2 DEN
    GER 2 – 0 POR
    DEN 0 – 1 POR
    NED 2 – 2 GER
    POR 1 – 3 NED
    DEN 0 – 3 GER

1. GER – 7 points, FA 7-2
    2. NED – 6 points, FA 6-5
    3. DEN – 3 points, FA 2-5
    4. POR – 3 points, FA 2-5

But it should be like this:
    1. GER – 7 points, FA 7-2
    2. NED – 6 points, FA 6-5
    3. POR – 3 points, FA 2-5
    4. DEN – 3 points, FA 2-5,
    Portugal has better head-to-head result then Denmark, because Portugal has won.

Can you check it?
    Thanks again for the great job!

27. Euro 2012 resources | Tech-Info-Maths T.I.M. on May 27th, 2012 7:26 pm

[...] Excel file (Excel Templates) [...]

28. Rev009 on May 29th, 2012 5:12 am

fantastic sheet~~!!
    so please send me the password. :D

29. SFRp on May 29th, 2012 8:50 am

Hi, Musaday, only small error. When i choose a slovak language, then is Czech Republic changed to Slovak republic. (Great joke). But that is a country near us, also please, fix it…. Someone can have problem with this… And if I can you help with Czech translation, write

30. Musadya on May 30th, 2012 1:56 pm

@David: Tks. You can send a better translation to info@exceltemplate.net
    @Maxim: Tks for your feedback. As answered to Koko in previous comment, since the 3rd and 4th position in group standings won’t affect the tournament next stages, I didn’t create head-to-head formula for simplicity reason.
    @Rev009: Tks. You can read the bottom post or in about worksheet on how to get the password :) .
    @SFRp: Tks. I’ll fix it in the next version. And I would be pleased if you can email me a better language translation.

31. Tonester on May 30th, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi Musadya. First off, excellent spreadsheet. I tried creating my own some months ago but failed in the complex formulae. This looks perfect and you appear to be on the ball with support. I will be purchasing it this week (pay day on Friday) but have one small question. As I will have full access to the formulae, would it be possible for me to manipulate it to use it for previous events? Sounds odd, but I love football stats and having a lot of these spreadsheets for all of the tourneys would be fantastic. I presume the password will be the same for all the different versions? Cheers

32. Musadya on May 30th, 2012 10:47 pm

@Tonester: Tks. Let me know if you have purchased this Euro 2012 Schedule. I will email you the unlocked Euro 2008 Schedule. Regards.

33. Tonester on June 1st, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Musadya. Purchased and d/l the 2012 file

34. John on June 1st, 2012 8:28 pm

It’s stupid to charge for this sheet and force people do pay via the iphone charge per sms. Your sheet isn’t really that spectacular, there are lots of other free versions around. Go figure!

35. Tonester on June 1st, 2012 11:24 pm

Sorry John, I have to disagree. I have been trawling the web for the free ones and to be fair, they aren’t that good. Musadya’s file is very complex and for the small charge for someone’s efforts isn’t a lot. No-one is forcing you to buy it. If you are happy with the free ones, then why are you bothering commenting here? Get a free one. I am using this file to learn about Excel for my own needs and this file is perfect so the minimal cost is acceptable.

36. Uefa euro 2012 on June 4th, 2012 12:34 pm

[...] Ace deh…. btw, yg pengen schedule & scoresheet pake excel 97/2003/2007/2010 bisa ke -> UEFA EURO 2012 Schedule and Scoresheet | Excel Templates Reply With Quote   + Reply to Thread « The [...]

37. Musadya on June 5th, 2012 12:20 am

@Tonester: Tks

38. Steve on June 5th, 2012 5:02 am

Fantastic spreadsheet! You must be a sport fan and an excel lover. I wander around many sites, and never found sport spreadsheets like yours. You created this and other sport spreadsheets with a perfect understanding of its rules, a perfect understanding of Microsoft Excel formulas, and, of course, a perfect understanding of simplicity where non-excel people can use it easily. And with its beautiful layout design, you are no one but a genius one. Bravo… My donation is mean nothing than your contribution to sport communities. Keep up the good work..

39. Rakesh on June 5th, 2012 6:43 am

Hi,

Like world cup pool excel can you help us with the Euro cupa as well?

I am ready to pay the charges but I need it urgently and we will be having office pool.

Please reply.

40. Zajko_00 on June 6th, 2012 10:30 am

Found an error in Slovak language version.

Czech republic is translated as “Slovenská republika” which is indeed Slovak republic.

Correct translation should be “?eská republika”

41. Silvek on June 7th, 2012 8:04 pm

Would like to help by translation in Slovenian language:
    Timezone -> ?asovni pas
    Normal Time: -> Redni del
    Extra time: -> Podaljški
    Penalty Shoot Out: Enajstmetrovke
    Match 25 Winner: Zmagovalec 25
    Semi finals: -> Polfinale
    Final: -> Finale

I hope it will help you.
    Silvek

42. Tony on June 8th, 2012 9:47 am

Great Spreadsheet, very impressive .. and thanks.

43. Henry on June 8th, 2012 12:03 pm

I think there is a problem in the goal difference of place 2 in group B. I filled out the schedule
    and this is how it placed the teams, this should be the other way around:-

P W D L F-A Pt
    Portugal 3 1 2 0 7-6 5
    Netherlands 3 1 2 o 6-4 5

44. albi on June 8th, 2012 5:36 pm

Found some errors in Spanish(Spain) language:

Penaltys –> Penaltis
    Paises Bajos (Nederlands) –> Holanda

Maybe in future versions you could translate the first letter:
    P: Played
    W: (Win)
    D: (Draw)
    L: (Lost)
    F: (scored for)
    A: (scored against)
    Pt: (Points)
    and use the first letter of each word in each language, in Spanish(Spain):

P: Played -> J (Jugados)
    W: (Win)-> G (Ganados)
    D: (Draw) -> E (Empatados)
    L: (Lost) -> P (Perdidos)
    F: (scored for) -> F (goles a Favor)
    A: (scored against) -> C (goles en Contra)
    Pt: (Points) -> Pt (Puntos)

45. Musadya on June 9th, 2012 3:02 am

@Rakesh: Sorry for late reply. It is already available in other post.
    @Zajko_00, @Silvek and @albi: Tks for the correction. I will do it better in translation next time.
    @Tony: Tks
    @Henry: I couldn’t simulate what you have found if it is only involved two teams. If it is involved three teams in a tie, you should remove the goals scored between those 3 teams with the 4th team, and rank it again. The most possible reason, in your case, Portugal has a higher number of goals scored when being re-rank. There is a tie-breaker regulation that you can read in this post to figure out what cause that rank. Tks.

46. nafiz on June 9th, 2012 9:57 am

excellent!!

47. Bonny on June 9th, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for this innovation i really appreciate your knowledge!!

48. For all my football fan friends! | All In Digital on June 9th, 2012 7:46 pm

[...] I am not a huge fan, but I like to predict the scores! I just found online a great Score sheet, download here and best of luck to the best [...]

49. Raul on June 10th, 2012 1:19 am

Dear Musadya,
    I really admire your Excel skills. I’d like to buy the unprotected file. But I’m in Australia and your paypal doesn’t accept the card here. Can you post an available paypal link for me to pay?
    Many thanks.

50. Ola Hans A. Olsen on June 10th, 2012 11:01 am

Et helt fantastiskt program, jeg må sige at det er godt udført.
    Så drenge og piger nu skal Danmark bare vinde pokalen :) )

51. AMR on June 13th, 2012 10:00 am

HEHEEEEE

52. Abdulla on June 13th, 2012 5:13 pm

please send me password. i want to learn advance excel

53. Rob on June 14th, 2012 10:56 am

What if Holland-Portugal is 1-0 and Germany-Denmark 2-0? In that case Denmark is of course eliminated because of 8.7b. According to your sheet, Netherlands then qualifies, but according to 8.7c Portugal will. 8.7b is not reevaluated without the Denmark game until 8.7c and 8.7d are looked at. Unless I’m mistaken, which I hope. ;)

54. Musadya on June 14th, 2012 4:26 pm

@Abdulla: You can proceed to the paypal link to get the unlocked one
    @Rob: Which spreadsheet that you are using? Because, when I put your score scenario, it will reveal Portugal to qualify to knock out stages, not Denmark after 8.7d since both teams have the same points, goal difference and goals scored after removing their match results against Germany. Netherlands is eliminated because they have worse goals scored.

Anyway, there is a new rule from UEFA which re-rank both team based on their head-to-head meeting, which still reveal Portugal to advance to the knock out rounds because Portugal has beaten Denmark.

It is always fun to predict and play with scores :) . Hope there will be no tie-breaker rule has to be applied.

Regards

55. david on June 14th, 2012 5:31 pm

I have windows 2010. I pressed the button to unlockit (sorry i don’t know its name in English) and i could see the formulas. I’m not going to copy them, its just to remind you to put a password next time.

56. Matteus on June 15th, 2012 6:27 am

Hi, need help!!

Ive been using this otherwise great excel for the pool at my job.

The problem is, that it randomly changes the standard worths to dates.. and cant change it back..
    This has happened three time now.. the last two times i have just entered all the data again.. but is there a way to change it back???

57. Stefan on June 15th, 2012 8:12 am

Hi
    Great spreadsheet!
    Just noticed one thing this morning: The game between England and Sweden tonight has a date of 15/06/2008, rather than 2012. I am not sure if this is also the reason why the game is showing as match no 15 and the earlier Ukraine v France match is showing as 16 instead of the other way around.
    I hope this does not affect the functionality of the spreadsheet in any way.
    Stefan

58. Mário Perdigão on June 16th, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi there
    Great job.
    You asked for corrections. In portuguese, the translation of Time ( of the matches ) would be a lot better with “Hora” instead of “time” ( column G ).
    Congratulations

59. Mário Perdigão on June 16th, 2012 9:54 pm

Sorry. I meant “Hora” instead of “Tempo”

60. Johan on June 17th, 2012 10:07 am

Absolutely great spread sheet. The only possible error that might occure is when it is is so tight, that even the UEFA officials also have a problem with it. Mostly regarding internal wins compared to goal scores.
    For instance, on the 17th of June, try and insert Portugal to win 1-0 over Netherlands and Denmark to win 1-0 over Germany. Very tight, where apperantly Germany ends as nr 3, even if they won over Portugal. Portugal won over Denmark and Denmark over Germany :) But maybe you got it right. I don’t know the rules 100% my self.

Just would like to send a compliment. Very nice work.

P.S. After the group play (quarter, semi and final), all the flags on the left side (team 1) are not to be seen. They are there, but just as a narrow line. I have tried to expand the I collum, but the flag is still too narrow. But minor and not at all important fault.

61. James on June 17th, 2012 5:47 pm

Sorry this is a bit long…

As Johan has explained, if you have Portugal win 1-0 v Holland and Denmark win 1-0 v Germany. Then you end up like this:

Team Pts F A GD
    Den 6 4 3 1
    Por 6 4 3 1
    Ger 6 3 2 1
    Hol 0 1 4 -3

So ranking the three at the top will be:

Team Pts F A GD
    Den 3 3 3 0
    Por 3 3 3 0
    Ger 3 1 1 0

Here the GD is the same, but Denmark and Portugal have scored more than Germany in the matches between these teams, so Germany is rightfully placed 3rd.

But the problem is where it ranks Denmark ahead of Portugal afterwards. Once 1 of the 3 teams have been ranked, it’s then re-ranked by head-to-head between the teams that are still not separated (ie. H2H between Denmark and Portugal). Portugal won 3-2 v Denmark so surely Portugal should end up 1st, not Denmark like it says in the spreadsheet.

Apart from that, good stuff!

62. Wardie on June 17th, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi

I updated my spreadsheet this evening while Germany and Netherlands were both 1-0 up.

It showed Denmark in 2nd place, while ITV showed Portugal heading through (on head-to-head goals scored).

Just thought I’d mention it. Thanks to going to so much trouble.

63. Johan on June 19th, 2012 9:40 pm

And to sum it up regarding the group play, this template does not get the correct result in group D, but it is “only” number 3 and 4 that are incorrect. (Sveden and Ukraine) But I am just mentioning it because if the same formulas are used for all positions, then this could show wrong with team 2 and 3, which is more important.

But nevertheless, I really like your work and please take all comments from me only to contribute in making it flawless. :) I almost is already :)

64. victor on June 19th, 2012 10:25 pm

yes, good programing but a mistake in group D- direct result between teams rule not applied. Obviously you know about the rule because you did apply this rule in group A- Greece-Russia but you forgot it in group D- resulted in Ukraine-Sweden order.

65. David on June 19th, 2012 10:29 pm

Angleterre
    France
    Ukraine
    Suède

;)

66. Musadya on June 19th, 2012 10:40 pm

@Johan, @Victor, @David: Thanks for feedback. As I mention in the beginning of the these comments, I didn’t apply any tie-breaker formula for rank 3rd and 4th, because the comparison outcome won’t affect the knock out teams. Cheers.

67. 5ZIGENZ on June 22nd, 2012 7:17 am

I like for Portugal and Spain it’s far way and i don’t fil the things i so happy in prestesion Portugal and Spain good job evry one no win and no lose they are teams good

68. Pete on June 24th, 2012 2:36 pm

I have been trying to download a EURO 2012 speadsheet for nearly 2 weeks but with no success. Someone please tell me how to do it before the competition finishes!!

69. Musadya on June 25th, 2012 2:25 pm

@Pete: You can try to download it from different browser :) .

70. Am on June 26th, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi there,

Many thanks for the excel template. I would like to aks your support and advice on match 26 (germany-greece). I get N/A all over the place in my predictor leader list if i fill in the score.

Am I the only one who is facing this issue??

Regards,

Adil

71. Okwe on July 2nd, 2012 12:18 am

Hi
    Good excel for the Euro 2012. Are you planning something like this for the London Olympics 2012 Male football or we have to create one from your tutorials?
    Regards
    Okwe

72. res on July 3rd, 2012 4:46 pm

how the flag formula works?
    can you explain that?

73. Steve on July 4th, 2012 3:01 am

Great! Please do one for London Olympic Football as well. Tks.

74. Michael on July 8th, 2012 11:42 am

London Olympics football stats sheet would be brilliant. I have the spreadsheet but cannot fathom how to change the team names without occuring errors. any ideas, am not much of an excel buff

75. Gheorghe on July 26th, 2012 9:16 am

Great spreadsheets for EURO2012, Any chance of a Rugby League World Cup 2013 spreadsheet ???

76. Melman on August 9th, 2012 11:49 pm

I would like to use your spreadsheet to for my Men’s soccer league. It consists of 2 divisions with 8-10 teams/division.

Some areas I can see where changes can be made, but for the most part I am unsure where to make modifications without messing the entire thing up.
    Would you be willing to give some insight?

77. Ishtiak, Bangladesh on August 31st, 2012 9:05 am

grt job…thx a lot…can u plz give us it in Bangla…?

78. Takis on October 15th, 2012 8:56 am

Hello,
    great job!
    Plz let me know, if i will pay the 8 bucks and get the unlocked version, i can edit the names of the teams ?