Excel Templates | Excel Spreadsheets | Formula 1 2010 Schedule

Formula 1 2010 Schedule

Posted on March 5, 2010
Filed Under Formula 1, Sports | 30 Comments

Schumi is back… that is the biggest news from Formula 1 Championship this year. But, he will be racing against Ferrari. Yes… He is a Mercedes GP driver now. After surprising all people by making Jenson Button to become a world champion last year, Brawn GP is transformed in Mercedes GP, a Germany company, with Germany drivers including Michael Schumacher, the 7 time F1 champion. The other driver is Nico Rosberg and Nick Heidfeld as backup driver.

And what about Jenson Button ? He will defend his title with McLaren team alongside Lewis Hamilton, where this team will have British drivers to chase another F1 championship trophy. So, two world champions within one team ? It will be exciting to see whether this Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button combination will be better than Lewis Hamilton – Fernando Alonso combination two years ago.

Formula1 2010 V1.31 Formula 1 2010 Schedule

So, will it be Germany vs England for F1 Championship this year? I don’t so. Ferrari is mature now. They have focused on the development or 2010 car since last year. They don’t want to repeat the same mistakes by focusing on F1 championship in 2008 where it cost them year 2009. So far, the development is running toward the right direction where Ferrari cars is ruling this 2010 practice session.

With Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa behind the wheel, Ferrari looks like a very strong contender this year. And don’t forget Redbull. They are one of two teams that surprise all world in 2009 season by delivering Sebastian Vettel as F1 2009 season runner up.

And it is very pity that Kimi Raikkonen left this 2010 season when all F1 world champions in this decade are still racing each other. I hope that he will join 2011 season. And there is a rumour that he will be back behind Redbull wheel next year.

New teams and new rules are things that will make this 2010 season is different than previous seasons. There are for teams that have approval to join this 2010 season. Those are Virgin, Lotus, Campos and US. But only Virgin, Lotus and Campos that will participate in 2010 season. US has asked the F1 council permission to not participate in this season. Campos also change its name into Hispania Racing Team, which followed the name of their new investor.

The other significant change that has been made is the scoring system. Now, the winner of any F1 races will get 25 points. And the top 10 drivers will get points instead of 8 drivers last year.

And also you won’t see any dramas that occasionally happened when F1 cars are refuelling in pitstop. F1 council has banned any refuelling during races.

New teams, new drivers, new scoring points system have made me to make major changes in my F1 spreadsheet. Basically this spreadsheet is finished about a month ago, before my World Cup 2010 spreadsheet. But, I delayed the posting because I am waiting the final statement from FIA regarding the new rules, teams, and drivers, where they just released it less than two weeks before the first race in Sakhir, Bahrain.
Formula1 2010 V1.31 2 Formula 1 2010 Schedule

There is no major changes in my spreadsheet layout. I just extended the “Race Result” worksheet to accommodate the top ten drivers who will get points because the previous spreadsheet only can accommodate the top eight drivers.
Formula1 2010 V1.31 3 Formula 1 2010 Schedule

In “Team and Driver Standings” worksheet, I add a new columns which will show you driver nationality flags and standings movement. The “Schedules and Podium Results” and “Team and Driver” worksheets are remain the same with the previous 2009 F1 worksheets.

Formula1 2010 V1.31 4 Formula 1 2010 Schedule

You can download this F1 2010 Schedule and Scoresheet file below.

xls Formula 1 2010 Schedule  Formula 1 2010 (589.5 KiB, 8,729 hits)

Comments

30 Responses to “Formula 1 2010 Schedule”

1. Mark Salmon on March 7th, 2010 11:52 am

Hi,

Where do you get the circuit diagrams for the spreadsheet because they are not on the for this year?

2. aronysa on March 8th, 2010 10:21 am

Kubica – Poland

3. admin on March 8th, 2010 4:08 pm

@Mark Salmon : Sorry, Mark. I haven’t had a chance to redraw the circuit. I will add it later. But you can copy in several F1 website, paste and resize it. But, be careful with the image copyright.

@Aronysa : Thank you for your correction. I have corrected it in the new one. You can download it again.

4. Sudeep on March 11th, 2010 10:24 pm

Guys,
    This is a great job…..
    You have created an amazing Excel Sheet. I never knew Excel could do so much.
    I tried to create a sheet last year. It was so much messy and complicated.
    Thank you so much for this.
    Keep it Up.
    DO u make such sheets for other sorts as well, like IPL?

Regards,
    Sudeep.

5. Sudeep on March 11th, 2010 10:39 pm

Guys,
    I forgot to add one suggestion / Request
    The Schedule page looks good.
    Only if you can add following details
    1. Local Qualifying & Race Time
    2. GMT Qualifying & Race Time
    3. Provision to punch in above timings according to the our local time.

This will help us to directly keep track of timing & not to miss a race.

Thank you.

Sudeep Agarwal.

6. George Glanville on March 13th, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks for this brilliant work. I could not workout anything better. AAA+

7. Ian Davidson on March 14th, 2010 9:14 pm

Thank’s, I use Open Office and I can see only one problem in the Drivers Standing the Nationality flags do not move with the driver.

8. Jimfive on March 18th, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey, thanks so much for this! My friend and I decided to do our own F1 Fantasy League. I was racking my brain how I was going to score, and kept going back to just figuring it all out manually and inputting it into Excel. This is it! Thanks also for not putting a password on, and making it “Open Source”, so I can see how you do it. We also give points out for pole position and fastest lap, so I am going to see how to work that in. We also do engine choice. Thanks so much again, you went over the top!

Jim

9. iolaire on March 20th, 2010 11:54 am

Jimfive did you manage to work in the pole position and fastest lap points, if so your help would be appreciated in our Fantasy F1 we do the same and a few other rules that I would like to incorporate.

10. motshy on March 21st, 2010 10:10 am

thanks man ^_^

11. Marc Denjean on March 21st, 2010 11:22 am

Hi – I have a compatibility. I am running this with Excel 2004 on Mac. I assume this was created with the latest PC version of Excel and the compatibility problem means very slow to operate and a tendency to crash. I did not have this problem with other spreadsheets that I have used over the years from this site (typically formula 1 2008, 2009).

Thanks – this comment applies to both formula 1 2010 and the world cup 2010.
    Cheers

12. Hugo Zegarra on April 4th, 2010 2:38 am

Thanks, is very good.

13. DILBERT on May 17th, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi, Great spreadsheet, is there any chance you can elail me the password on the hidden sheet, i would like to explore how you make it work so well and i would like to ply around and see if i can add a fantasy league section.

Keep up the good work

14. cruz on May 19th, 2010 12:31 pm

You are genius man, it’s simply superb. Just one minor problem, when you accidentally fill in winning drivers name twice it doesn’t prompt an error msg

15. Beko on May 23rd, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Friend
    Thanks a lot for your effort. I have an addition, but I’m not an expert of EXCEL.it is to add the photos of the stadiums, to each match or group…What do you think?
    I have the photos just tell me where to send if you accept my suggestion.
    Regards

16. RBB on September 8th, 2010 11:10 am

Hi,
    Thanks for the Great Sheet! I’m a formula 1 fan(RBR), so it too useful for me….

I hope RBR Win this year!

17. Mark Salmon on October 24th, 2010 9:03 am

Hi,

How do I show two drivers of the same Car No. who have finished in the Top 10 of points in different races in the Team and Driver Standings sheet?

Car 22 – Pedro de la Rosa (7th in HUN) & Nick Heidfeld (8th in JPN)

18. Treveready on November 26th, 2010 8:32 am

Could I have the password for the Dummy table standings please?

I do not mind paying a small fee, I am using this as a results page for a video gaming clan but I wish to have 11 players with points not just 11 Thanks

19. David on November 30th, 2010 8:16 pm

This is just amazing.

Is there anyway to could raise it to above 60 drivers?

Im using this for team games I have on my site, and I have 50 members so far, and will be about 60 total.

This excel is absolut great to use for my team games :) ))

I will pay fee if needed?

Only need is ability to add more members :(

20. Maciej Chorbinski on December 3rd, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi,
    i manage a dart league ranking for single players.it will be great to have this software but in a version for the 200 players (drivers) and for about 40 tournaments (races). this software is fantastic. i can make an donation. thx and regards from Poland

21. Maciej Chorbinski on December 3rd, 2010 1:59 pm

this is a national ranking

22. glen on January 1st, 2011 4:50 am

Found this great F1 excel sheet in the later months of 2010, and instantly began using it for my F1 sim racing season. Hoping you update this sheet for a 2011 version. I have already done this on my pc, but can’t quite figure out how to add the results of a 20th race, and the corresponding formula for the Team and Driver Standings worksheet.

Love the worksheet though, much appreciated!

23. Mark on January 11th, 2011 11:26 am

I have got most of it working but I think it has to do with the Dummy Standings Table which you need a password for.

24. Chris on February 1st, 2011 10:31 pm

Great sheet! Set about modding for 2011 but have run into the same problems as others – Dummy Standings Table.

Would appreciate if you could release the password (as i would love to understand how it all works). Alternatively, is there any chance you could update for 2011?

Best regards.

25. Zsozso on February 21st, 2011 5:11 pm

Hy,

Great F1 excel sheet, I Hoping you update this sheet for a 2011 version.Thank you very much.

26. Mark on February 21st, 2011 5:50 pm

Update: Bahrain GP has been cancelled for this year due to protests

27. dan on February 21st, 2011 8:48 pm

im also trying to update it for 2011. how do i open the dummy standings table? could i get the password?

28. Mark on February 22nd, 2011 12:10 pm

You cant get the password im afraid, you will have to wait for the 2011 update which should be soon (hopefully)

29. Mark on March 19th, 2011 6:41 pm

Why isn’t the 2011 version available yet when it starts next weekend?

30. trbk on March 19th, 2011 9:51 pm