Excel Templates | Excel Spreadsheets | Create Your Own Soccer League Fixtures and Table

Create Your Own Soccer League Fixtures and Table

Posted on October 26, 2008

It has been more than 2 months since I wrote the last template. I have been stuck in my job so I couldn’t do anything to pay more attention to this site. And within that time, I got a reminder email from English Football Association Agency, where they reminded me not to distribute anything regarding their English Premier League Fixtures and all related material except I paid a license for that. That is the reason why I dropped my English Premier League Fixtures excel spreadsheet from my site.

And in my pending comments boxes, I received a lot of request about the passwords or making other excel spreadsheet for other league.

Before, I decided to make a tutorial on this, but I my time is very limited to write. So, I decided to make a general soccer league table spreadsheet, where you can modify by yourself according to your needs. And there is no password on the excel sheet and the formula, so you can learn all the logic and the formula inside. I just protected the link to my website, and I will be very happy if you don’t remove that link.

Comparing with my previous league sheets, I removed the graph and individual team fixtures due to complicated function that have to be managed to make it general. I am still try to make general and hopefully I can release it in next version.

This soccer spreadsheet consists of 5 sheets, i.e :
1. Initial Setup
2. League Table
3. Fixtures and Results
4. Deduction
5. Setting

I hide ‘setting’ sheet, to avoid some misstyping while you are working with this sheet. You will easily unhide the sheet from the sheet menu.

Initial Setup

Initial Setup Sheet.
This is basically the first sheet where you have to put a number of team to participate in the league. I limited the maximum number of team to 24 teams. If you need more than 24 teams, try to learn the logic and formula inside and you can have your own excel league table spreadsheet. In this sheet, I put 20 teams and write all 20 sample teams in the corresponding cells. You can just change the sample teams with your teams.

League Table

League Table Sheet.
The league table will change automatically based on the name and number of teams you put in the ‘initial setup’ sheet and also the results from ‘fixtures and results’ sheet.

Matches

Fixtures and Results Sheet.
You can copy or change the sample teams in this worksheet. Fill the match result in the corresponding boxes.

Deduction

Deduction Sheet.
Perhaps this is just a redundant sheet, because it is needed when there is some team get a point deduction from their corresponding league association.

I made a little survey about some league fixtures that can be created using this templates, some of them are Portugal, Greece, Holland, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Turkey, Switzerland League Fixtures. But probably it won’t fit Argentine or Brazil League because of different league format, I don’t know much about African or Asian league but as long as the league is in full competition format, you can use this spreadsheet.

That’s all guys. If you need some support you can leave a comments, but I apologized that probably I cannot answer it in the short time because of my time limitation.

You can download the spreadsheet here.

You can download the spreadsheet for openoffice version here

Finally, I finished soccer league fixtures and table with automatic fixtures list generator. So, if you want to create competition matches from the scratch where you also have to design the matches schedule, you can use this spreadsheet. You can download it here.

Have fun.

(Visited 51,424 times, 4 visits today)

Comments

244 Responses to “Create Your Own Soccer League Fixtures and Table”

1. Matthew Rush on March 14th, 2012 9:57 pm

Is there a way I can adapt the points scroing. I want to use the table for netball however, the scoring is complicated. It is 4 points for a win, 3 for a draw and if a team losses by less than 50% of the goals (5-9) they get awarded 2 points, and if the team losses by more than 50% of the goals (4-9)they get 1 point.

Can you help?
    Thanks Matt

2. Hovig Senekjian on March 16th, 2012 8:52 pm

I have a question:“If the points are equal between two or more teams,how to make the rank be based on the goal difference only for equal points? PLZ Help ME

3. Alastair on March 22nd, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to create this – it is really useful.
    I have just one question: “How can you add bonus points to the total points score and retain the functionality of the league table?”
    Thank you!

4. Hector Rosales on March 22nd, 2012 9:49 pm

when you put 4 teams, in the page Fixtures and Results, there is a mistake in the week… please check this

thans

5. moolash on March 26th, 2012 8:28 am

Hi, This spreadsheet is awesome, I use it for pure curiousity and to learn formulas. (I am a great footballfan, too)

6. Justin on April 2nd, 2012 6:59 am

Hi, thanks for this spreadsheet but I have a problem. With the fixtures creator when I change the number of teams, only team 1’s matches appear.
    Can you help?

7. Chris on April 10th, 2012 12:29 pm

Great spreadsheet, just one problem in that it doesn’t allow me to do a league with more than 20 teams, how do I add the extra fixtures? I can do this but when I add results to test it the table it doesn’t update.

8. calvin on April 14th, 2012 9:16 am

You are a star, thank you my friend, this is an excellent site and a major help.

9. Nick Stone on April 18th, 2012 7:14 am

Hi,
    I am a PE teacher and this spreadsheet is fantastic teaching aid for keeping track of results in lessons and displaying them on the board for pupils to use. The only limitation is that the league only allows for home and away. Over the course of a term teams will play each other mutiple times.
    Is there a quick fix to allow this to happen?? My skills on exel are relatively limited.
    Many Thanks

Nick

10. Darryl on May 8th, 2012 12:57 am

Hi Great JOB!

Is there anyway I can convert the points system to a Percentage? We want to use is it for our Softball league. Thanks.

Darryl

11. Chloe on May 10th, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks a lot for this spreadsheet will help with my boyfriend’s six a-side football league he has set up. Very clever stuff!

12. Dan on May 11th, 2012 10:32 am

hi i got it but i had to many teams can you make another one but with more teams i need at least 60 teams

13. liam on May 26th, 2012 10:41 am

premrierlege

14. liam on May 26th, 2012 10:42 am

we are going to be liverpool

15. liam on May 26th, 2012 11:16 am

CELTIC
    RANGERS
    HERTS
    BIRMINHAM

16. alan on June 21st, 2012 10:41 pm

17. Adam on July 3rd, 2012 6:44 pm

How create schedule and scoresheet for 16 teams?

18. Kev on July 4th, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi this is great but does anyone know how I would go about putting this on my website? Thanks

19. Robbie on July 4th, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi, If you are looking for a new project I have an idea for you. I need a league for my golf society. I have the basics drawn up but the formula’s are causing me problems. If you are interested please email me back and I will forward you what I have so far. Thanks

20. truongphu on July 21st, 2012 5:08 pm

i just have create a base schedule English Primier League (2012-2013) by Microsoft Excel, but i can’t arrange the fixtures like offical schedule. help me, plz !

21. Steve on July 24th, 2012 8:38 pm

Does this work on Macs?

22. Steve on August 7th, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi

Sory if this has been covered already – when you populate the initial set up with your teams, does the programme auto arrange the fixtures or do you have to type them all in yourself?

Steve

23. Cameron on August 17th, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes, Steve. You have to populate the fixture list manually by typing it in individually

24. Whoopie on August 18th, 2012 5:18 pm

@ Admin on November 9th, 2008 2:03 pm:

Licence for what? Making a list of football cubs next to a list of dates? God you get the world’s stupidest people working at the FA! “Newcastle play Tottenham today.” Now let them sue me!

Anyway, I have made an EPL fixture list for 2012-13. Nice.

25. Jack on September 13th, 2012 9:57 pm

Excellent spreadsheet.

I have one query: in the “Fixtures and Results” sheet, if the home team wins then the font of the home team turns blue. However, if the away team wins, their font colour stays the same. Is there a way of changing this?

26. Jack on September 13th, 2012 10:15 pm

Ignore that, sorted it!

27. Alex on September 19th, 2012 9:47 pm

Remembered this from a while back so I came back to see how these things are done. I now have my own spreadsheet that auto-generates the fixtures, fills in a results grid automatically as results are entered into the fixtures and results sheet, and it will even allow the table to be recalculated for earlier times in the season so that you can see historical league tables as well as the latest one. All good stuff and thanks for the original idea.

28. aldama on October 2nd, 2012 10:29 pm

I would i change to the following points system:
    Win=4
    Score Draw=1
    By the way, excellent template

29. Abid on October 7th, 2012 5:50 pm

I will do 20 teams

30. rs on October 15th, 2012 4:55 pm

can you provide some instructions on how to adjust the fixture setup for a 6 team league. You currently have the standard 1v2, 3v4, 5v6.

i would like to do the following to have the ability to change the fixtur starting match-up?

for example:

week 1 2v1, 4v5, 3v6

31. FIFA 13 Turnuvasi | PS3 | 1. Turnuva – Sayfa 11 on November 2nd, 2012 9:03 am

[…] […]

32. Vic DiGital on January 4th, 2013 7:27 pm

Is there a simple way to do multiple seasons in one spreadsheet? For example, I want to keep track of each season individually in multiple leagues, but want to create some forms that take the data from the various seasons and leagues and rank them according to whatever criteria I want. For example, across all leagues, all seasons, I want to know which teams had the most wins, and I want it to automatically update this list whenever I put in new data in any of the leagues.

Or another way of using the data is that I want to have a TEAMS page/sheet where it automatically updates a team’s historical stats as they are entered. So whenever I pop over to that sheet, I see each team isolated with all their seasons listed chronologically with totals calculated for each stat.

Is this sort of thing even possible? And if so, is it something simple to do, or way beyond the abilities of non-spreadsheet-ninjas?

33. David Cameron on February 20th, 2013 7:13 pm

Just found this great spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing! Is there a possibility that a current form table for each teams last 6 games overall and last 6 home and away could be added in the same format as the main table? The 1st part of the table would be for the last 6 overall and the next 2 (currently headed HOME GAME & AWAY GAME) would be for the last 6 home games and the last 6 away games, respectively. Thanks.

34. Dean on February 27th, 2013 11:19 am

Hi,

Not sure I understand how the fixtures are generated? Ive updated team names and number of teams, but how do I get the fixtures updated to what I have entered?

Also, League has 8x teams with 2x KO times, can this be configured so that it works out fixtures for the teams where each team gets an equal amount of each KO time?

35. Dean on February 27th, 2013 11:22 am

Just read above comments… really dont see the point if you have to enter fixtures manually? This is what I need the sheet for – to do it for me..?

Cheers anyway

36. Malith on April 14th, 2013 12:25 pm

keep getting #N/A errors in my eight position (i have eight teams)
    please help
    thanks

37. Nigel James on June 30th, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi, for this league table, is there any easy way you can filter the league table by Match and Gameweek. E.g. if you have the full results for all 380 games, but I want to see the table at the halfway point. How can I do this without deleting all scores in the second half of the season?

Thanks,

38. three chain f c 2012/coach med on August 5th, 2013 6:19 pm

I would like to know how the fixtures are work out so the all club get a even amount of game in the season and the in clud domestic cup game.!

39. Robert147 on September 12th, 2013 5:25 pm

The spreedsheet is great, but I am trying to create my own for a snooker league and wanted to see how it was done but the setting sheet that the formulas refer to is hidden, how do I access the setting sheet, please.

Thank you.

40. Robert147 on September 12th, 2013 5:41 pm

Just looked at the spreadsheet again and the league table sheet is the only one that’s protected and it asks for a password?

I have been trying to create this league for ages and am desperate for some help. If you could give me access to the setting sheet it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

41. Dunstan on October 27th, 2013 1:01 pm

Awesome job, well done. It is absolutely brilliant – love it.

42. Freek on December 12th, 2013 4:19 pm

First of all, i would like to say.. Great job!! This is by far the best spreadsheet i’ve seen.

My only problem is that i wan’t to use it in google spreadsheet. So i converted te excel sheet to google drive.
    And the problem is that google spreadsheet isn’t as smart as excel and can’t read the empty scores.
    It is shown as “#N/A”.
    Is there a workaround or something cause i really need this.
    Thanks in advance!

43. Alex on January 4th, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi,

I am using the spreadsheet with 5 teams.

When I enter the results, it duplicates one of the teams in the league table, only showing 4 teams.

Any idea why?

44. KuLiKo on February 10th, 2014 1:42 pm

Hey. I need to say Thank you :)