Copa America Centenario is an CONMEBOL and CONCACAF tournament which held to commemorate 100-year anniversary of Copa America tournament. USA will be the host of this tournament this year. It is special because it is held just one year after the last tournament in 2015, which won by Chile. And because of that, the winner of this tournament will not participate to the 2017 FIFA Confederation Cup. But, this tournament should attract soccer fans around the world since many football stars will join their nation to compete for the 100-year anniversary trophy. Lionel Messi, Neymar, Luiz Suarez, James Rodriguez, and many more will represent their countries in this tournament.
I didn’t plan to create Copa America 2016 schedule nor the Office Pool in the beginning, but there were several messages came into my inbox asking those kind of spreadsheets. I decided to create ones and I hope it isn’t too late.
The tournament will be joined by 16 countries divided into 4 groups where top two teams will advance to the knock out rounds. Those teams are :
Group A : USA, Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica
Group B : Brazil, Ecuador, Peru, Haiti
Group C : Uruguay, Mexico, Jamaica, Venezuela
Group D : Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Panama
In total, there are 24 group matches where all teams will be ranked based on following regulation
– Better Point
– Better Goal Difference
– Better Goal Scored For
– Better Head-to-Head Point
– Better Head-to-Head Goal Difference
– Better Head-to-Head Goal Scored For
– Drawing of lots
I created this spreadsheet based on World Cup 2014 spreadsheet since its format and rule are about the same. And you can follow the steps on using this spreadsheet. You can type the score in respective score boxes for all 24 group matches. Teams will be ranked accordingly in group standing table. Only 2 teams from each group that will advance to the next round/quarterfinals where they will be paired based on pairing format below :
– Group A Winner vs Group B Runner Up
– Group B Winner vs Group A Runner Up
– Group C Winner vs Group D Runner Up
– Group D Winner vs Group C Runner Up
The same with other tournament schedule, you will get a schedule with colorful knock out bracket where you can see dynamic group colors in each bracket. You can download the schedule below. It has custom timezone and language features where you can select the most suitable ones or you can type your own.
This Copa America 2016 Centenario schedule and scoresheet spreadsheet is protected. But, you can purchase the unprotected one as usual if you want to put your own business logo or just want to learn the excel formulas that built this spreadsheet. It is USD 8.99.
Copa America 2016 Schedule and Scoresheet V1.95 (360.5 KiB, 1,605 hits)
Copa America 2016 Schedule and Scoresheet – Fully Editable
It is not completed if you couldn’t play a prediction game with your friends to add fun while watching this tournament. You can use this specific Copa America 2016 Office Pool as a tool for your game. You can choose between predicting match-by-match or all matches at once. You can download the free version that can accommodate until 15 players to start playing around with it. Below are short instructions on how to use it.
1. Set your game rules
– Set your points for 3 score prediction results, apply for both group and knock out stages
>> If you want to apply one or two rules, you can set point in unused rule to zero
>> If you want to apply single point to any results, you can similarize points in all rules
– Set your bonus point rules. You can set unused bonus point to zero
– Set your knock out matches teams. If you set it to be based on “real results”, teams in knock out rounds will be the same with teams in real matches, where your player can continue to predict the score regardless of incorrect knock out teams they have predicted will qualify. If you set it to be based on “player’s prediction results”, teams in first knock out round could be different with real qualified teams. Your players will lose chances to earn points if it is different, but they will get bonus points by picking 2 teams that could win in knock out rounds regardless of opponents they face.
2. Type your player names
– Go to Player Scoreboard worksheet and type your player names in player name column.
3. Type your player prediction scores
– Go to All Players worksheet and type your player prediction scores in respective tables. It is the second table onward. The first or leftmost table is a tournament table where you type real results.
– Only scores in fulltime (normal + extra time) will be compared.
4. Track your player standings
– Go to Player Leaderboard worksheet and monitor movement of your players every time new real scores inputted in tournament score table.
And there is a prediction sheet you can download and share to your friends to collect their prediction scores.
Copa America 2016 Office Pool V1.71 - 15 Players (1.0 MiB, 817 hits)
Copa America 2016 Office Pool Prediction Sheet - V1.71.xlsx (455.5 KiB, 706 hits)
All spreadsheets require a minimum Microsoft Excel version 2007 for Windows and 2008 for Mac.
If you want to add more players in your game or want to put it online, you can purchase the commercial below. There are 2 version you can choose, editable on shown worksheets only (workbook is protected as well as its group standing formula codes) and fully editable version.
Copa America 2016 Office Pool – Editable on Shown Worksheets Only – USD 12.99
Copa America 2016 Office Pool – Fully Editable – USD 18.99