UEFA have made the draw for the group stages of 2011/2012 Champions Leagues on Thursday, 25 August 2011 in Monaco. Barcelona, the former champions, will try to defend its title at their home by playing against AC Milan on 14 September. Both of teams are looked like will go through the next round if they don’t underestimate the other two clubs in group H, Viktoria Plzen and Bate Borisov.
The other top seededs are looked like will also advance from their groups, if they don’t underestimate their opponents, as you can see the group division below.
– Group A: Bayern Munich, Villarreal, Manchester City and Napoli.
– Group B: Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille Metropole and Trabzonspor.
– Group C: Manchester United, Benfica, Basel and Otelul Galati.
– Group D: Real Madrid, Olympique Lyonnais, Ajax Amsterdam and Dinamo Zagreb.
– Group E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Genk.
– Group F: Arsenal, Olympique de Marseille, Olympiacos and Borussia Dortmund.
– Group G: Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg and Apoel.
– Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Bate Borisov and Viktoria Plzen.
All group matches will start from 14 September and will end at 8 December 2011. Below is the full schedule of drawing and matches until the final at 19 May at Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany.
– Group matches, 14 Sep – 8 Dec 2011
– Round of 16 drawing, 9 December 2011
– Round of 16 matches, first leg, 14 – 15 December 2012 or 21 – 22 February 2012
– Round of 16 matches, second leg, 6 – 7 March 2012 or 13 – 14 March 2012
– Quarter-finals drawing, : 16 March 2012
– Quarter-finals matches , first leg, 27 – 28 March 2012
– Quarter-finals matches, second leg, 3 – 4 April 2012
– Semi-finals matches, first leg , 17 – 18 April 2012
– Semi-finals matches, second leg, 24 – 25 April 2012
– Final matches, 19 May 2012
This 2011/2012 UEFA Champions League Fixtures and Scoresheet is the same with the previous season template. I plan to make additional calendar worksheet so you can see the whole schedule in one worksheet but I don’t have enough time to do it now due I will be out of town for a week. Perhaps later I will add it.
For you who never use this template before, below is a short guidance to use this Champions League 2011/2012 schedule template :
– Put result scores in score boxes in ‘Group Qualification’ worksheet. The standing table next to it will be adjusted automatically.
– When all group matches are played, you will see the top two teams that qualify for round of 16 shown up in the drawing rows below group standing table. Watch the round of 16 drawings at 9 December (or you can just read from newspaper or internet at the next day ), and fill the box beside those teams with the drawing numbers. Drawing numbers are corelated with matches numbers. For example put matches #1 in cell next to Barcelona in group winner box and in cell next to Villareal in group runner up box. There are several rules applied when UEFA draws these matches, for example, round of 16 cannot have matches between teams from the same countries or the same groups.
– Go to ‘Knock Out Phase’ worksheet. Since some entries are based on drawings, I cannot make it all entry automatic. You should fill it manually. The blue boxes at the left and right side of these matches are applied to home teams. Start filling the date and time of first and second legs in corresponding boxes.
– Fill the result scores of round of 16 matches
– When all round of 16 matches are finished, UEFA will do the drawing once again. You should do the pairing matches manually. All round of 16 winners will be shown in cell H99-H106 (with words ‘Winner of First round #’ next to it. There are selection boxes on top of it. Do the pairing matches by select the teams manually. You will see that there are another pairing matches for semi-finals. You will do this pairing later.
– In the quarter-finals box, fill again the date and time of the first and second leg matches.
– Fill the result scores of quarter-finals matches
– When all quarter-finals matches are finished, go once again to the semifinal box inside the drawing box, and you can see information about winner of quarter-finals matches. Since which teams that will become a home team at the first leg is not yet known in the beginning, you have to enter the team manually once again from selection boxes.
– Again, do filling the date and time for first and second leg in semifinal boxes.
– Fill the result scores of semifinal matches
– Fill the result scores of final match.
You can make two copies of this scoresheet, where you can use one copy to play with your prediction and one copy for the real results.
Ok guys. You can download the file here. If you found some minor errors, for example group names, or dates, you can manually correct it inside the box. Or, if you want to display it by group instead of by matches date, you can manually change it. If you found major error, which usually related with the excel formula, let me know. It could be unnoticeable error eventhough this template is already being used to the 3rd season.
UEFA Champions League Fixtures 2011/2012 V1.43 (100.1 KiB, 11,359 hits)