Excel Templates | Excel Spreadsheets | 2012 Formula 1 Calendar and Championship Tracker

2012 Formula 1 Calendar and Championship Tracker

Posted on February 29, 2012
Filed Under Sports | 11 Comments

Formula 1 season 2012 will be started in less than a month. As usual, the first race will take place in Australia. Sebastian Vettel will try to retain his 2011 crown. He will compete with 5 other former champions, Fernando Alonso with his Ferrari, Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton on their McLaren, Michael Schumacher on his Mercedes and the Iceman, Kimi Raikkonen, now with Lotus. And with surprising pre-season test results in Barcelona this week, Vettel won’t have an easy season like last year.

F1 Dashboard Season 2012 V1.6 1024x404 2012 Formula 1 Calendar and Championship Tracker

Every teams has improved their cars, and will make all drivers become a strong contender to Vettel. Even though those 6 F1 Champions are still in favour to win F1 2012 trophy. And there are interesting facts I found when adding a new F1 race winners in this spreadsheet. The previous five drivers who become the pole sitter at Australian GP for the past five years were crowned as F1 champions by the end of those seasons, as you can see in table below.

YearPole PositionWinnerF1 Champion
2011Sebastian VettelSebastian VettelSebastian Vettel
2010Sebastian VettelJenson ButtonSebastian Vettel
2009Jenson ButtonJenson ButtonJenson Button
2008Lewis HamiltonLewis HamiltonLewis Hamilton
2007Kimi RaikkonenKimi RaikkonenKimi Raikkonen

Interesting, isn’t it? Will the driver who get the pole position in this Australian GP crowned as F1 Champion by the end of 2012 season ? We’ll see.

Honestly, when I created the new spreadsheet for F1 2011 Calendar, I have put 20 races in it. But, after Bahrain GP was cancelled, I had to re-create the schedule to accommodate 19 races instead of 20 races. So, this year, I don’t have to do some adjustments in excel formulas. I just modified the drivers (7 drivers, Rubens Barrichello, Adrian Sutil, Sebastian Buemi, Jaime Alguersuari, Jarno Trulli, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Jerome d’Ambrosio are out, and Kimi Raikkonen, Romain Grosjean, Nico Hulkenberg, Daniel Ricciardo, Jean-Eric Vergne, Pedro de la Rosa, Charles are in), the teams (Lotus-Cosworth to Caterham, Virgin-Cosworth to Marussia), and re-order GP races (Turkey GP is out and replaced by Bahrain GP, USA GP is in as the new race at 19th order, and Brazil GP will close the 2012 season).

Since there is no major changes, you can follow the same guidance as the previous 2011 templates here.

OK guys. Download the file below and send me some feedback if you found some errors or false information. It needs Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 to make all the functions running well.

The worksheet with main formula in this spreadsheet is password-protected. But, if you are kind enough to send me 5 bucks, I will send you the unlocked one where you can learn the formula and how it works. Or, in the other words, if you are kind enough to donate me 5 dollar, I will send you the unlocked one as my gratitude >:D<.

Get Unlocked 2012 Formula 1 Calendar and Championship Tracker
 2012 Formula 1 Calendar and Championship Tracker

Comments

11 Responses to “2012 Formula 1 Calendar and Championship Tracker”

1. raimea on February 29th, 2012 5:45 pm

buona sera,
    volevo sapere se sta preparando un file per excell 2003 ?
    io non ho office 2007/2010….
    grazie.
    raimea

2. Paul on March 1st, 2012 11:38 am

Many thanks for this !!!

3. Adrian on March 6th, 2012 3:36 pm

Absolutely brilliant – thanks

4. FRISON Alain on March 8th, 2012 6:08 pm

Super tableau de F1 et bravo pour la maitrise de ce tableur;Pourrais tu y inclure la possibilit√© pour les utilisateurs d’y ajouter les photos des pilotes et des voitures

5. Kimo Sabi on April 15th, 2012 9:49 am

Hi,

Thank you for your great spreadsheets, – I have been using them now for the past two years and works great with my own F1 analytics one which both helps me make my predictions before each race. Perhaps one suggestion I could make would be an aditional information to show in the championship standings, and it would be the point gaps between driver and teams. This is an exciting information I misssed last year, and as seen this years races turns out to be a more relevance factor to see.

Thanks and regards,

Sabi

6. JULES on April 26th, 2012 11:46 am

Man, you are brilliant… :)
    The template is amazing…

Great Thanks and best regards.

7. Martin Landers on May 3rd, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi

I’ve just purchased your unlocked Euro 2012 Workbook and its fantastic.

I was just wondering – for a small payment would you consider selling me a bespoke version that alows one or two of the groups to be enlarged to 5 teams.

Im running an event soon and I may have between 16 and 20 teams taking part (its foosball) and I purchased your workbook to run the event.
    Ideally, and I know its more work, but Id love a group based workbook that allows the user to select the number of groups and how many teams in each group
    Take care

Martin

8. friend on May 4th, 2012 6:32 am

Hey pal atleast lock ur files most of them are not password protected.

9. Omokuru on June 16th, 2012 8:33 pm

These site ready to sell by the owner

10. Stuart on August 16th, 2012 5:20 pm

If i were to purchase this could i alter the info to incorporate info from a GT5 league i run in.

11. Daniel on September 10th, 2012 10:14 pm

This is great, tried making my own before I found this. Need this for the new F1 2012 game as you can no longer do a championship with a licenced driver. So this is perfect to do single races and enter the results, and therefore keeps track of the championship.