The free attendance calendar template is one of my popular excel templates which has been downloaded over 100,000 times since I released it three years ago. There are many requests came to my email about possibility to do template customization to suit their company needs which I couldn’t fulfilled due to my time limitation. But, I have kept those requests and feedback to create a more general employee attendance calendar template which could meet 90% of those requirement.
And here it is, the new employee attendance planner and tracker template which is created with the same style with my previous Gantt Chart and Soccer League templates. If you have downloaded those lite templates, you will be familiar with the worksheets structure .
I have to make a different post for this template because there are many improvement have been made over the old one. I believe this template should help you ease your employee attendance recording job where it will automatically help you calculate it employee by employee where you can further analyze it to evaluate your employee performance.
I made two versions, lite and pro version, where the lite one is free, and you have to purchase a pro one if you want to upgrade it. The lite one only accommodate maximum 25 employees, 12-month period, four absence codes, Saturday/Sunday non working days selection and no layout customization, while the pro one can accommodate until 250 employees, 36-month period, eight absence codes, any non working days selection and layout customization.
Other features are as follows :
- Custom Month and Week name : If your language is not English, you modify its month and weekname into your own language. To further customize other words and titles, you need the pro one.
- Color marker : You will have options to hide or reveal color marker in attendance worksheets, available color markers are present marker, attendance code, holiday, non working days, and hired/resign markers. You can switch it on/off based on your selection in setup worksheet.
- Carry Over period : if your company applied carry over attendance system, you can set the month period of that carry over.
- Custom Holiday Dates : You can set your own holiday dates, your country or company official holidays where these holidays will be excluded in working days calculation.
> Go to Setup worksheet
– Type your starting year (for example, 2012)
– Select your working days
– Custom your attendance codes
– Select your marker preference
– Set your carry over period
– Type your holiday dates
> Go to Personal Info – Employee Name worksheet
– Fill in ID, Name, Title, Department, Hired and Resign dates (You have to delete all dummies information in lite version)
> Go to Personal Info – Allocation worksheet
– Fill employee attendance allocation and carry over (only for the first year) days in corresponding cells (you have to delete all dummies information in lite version)
> Go to Attendance worksheet
– This is basically your daily worksheets. When you finished typing, selecting and filling the previous worksheets, you can start typing/selecting corresponding codes when your employee is not come to your office, and let the excel formulas ease all calculation jobs. You will see total working days in each month, and you can move between months by directly click on month tabs or sliding left or right using the available sliding arrows (there is several codes already type in the first month in lite version, you should delete it first).
To see your employee attendance for further evaluation, you can go to Report and Dashboard worksheets. In Pro version, you can select year up until 3 year period and 250 employees.
> Report – All Employees worksheet
– Select attendance code to show your employee attendance records in one full year.
> Report – Single Employee worksheet
– Select your employee name to show his/her attendance record in one full year.
– In this calendar style worksheet, you can see the average of employee attendance until today. The other information you can see in this dashboard are, total/passed working days, number of active employees, a number of employees who hired/resign, top/bottom 5 employees, and the average of absence allocation taken by employees. You can also custom calendar marker for attendance by changing the percentage value in white cells below the calendar.
You can download the lite version to try the new attendance planner and tracker template. You can send me feedback to improve this spreadsheet by typing in the comment box below.
Employee Attendance Planner and Tracker Lite V2.44 (838.5 KiB, 8,445 hits)
And if you decided to buy a Pro one, you can proceed your payment through paypal button below. I decided not to split the protection password, so you can unprotect the shown worksheets without password.
Multi User License (Allowed to use within one company)