As an extension of my reservation spreadsheets, I made this hotel reservations spreadsheet with the same template of my car rental reservation spreadsheet. You can use this if you manage a small hotel or rooms and you don’t want to use any complicated software to manage your reservation.
The guidance on using this spreadsheet is about the same with car rental reservation spreadsheet, where I re-type it as follows :
1. Go to availability worksheet and put your room type and number in the corresponding column. There are samples there that you can modify. You can continue the number by putting your room information and the reservation column will be revealed automatically.
2. Put your start date reference. This start date is used for the scroll bar as its scroll start date.
3. There are two dates next to the Hotel Availability Table title to help you monitor the reservation window.
4. All reservation information in that window will be differentiated by the color. The blue color means that the room is available on that date, red color means that the room is reserved, and yellow color means the room is double booked, so you have to adjust the reservation.
5. Once you see that the room is available on customer requested date, go to Room Reservation worksheet to fill your customer information.
Since this is a simple template, you can modify it to suit other type of reservations. You can download the file here.
In March 2015, I made another model of Hotel Reservation template. It requires a minimum excel 2007 to use it properly. Compare with above version, there is a lite version that is free to download, but it is protected. The editable version will require you to purchase, but it will help you reducing time on managing your reservation. You can read more about it here. And you can download the lite version below.
Daily Reservation Calendar Lite V2.43 (575.0 KiB, 13,278 hits)