Inventory and Booking Manager for Rental Business is a spreadsheet that is created specifically for any small business owners who own rental businesses. It will help you managing your inventory as well as recording your booking. With this spreadsheet, you can monitor your current inventory any time.
Idea of creating this spreadsheet was coming from one client who get frustrated when he has to deliver rented item and miscalculate the quantity that he has to deliver. Fortunately, he has friends who are in similar business to borrow the item for fulfilling the order. The problem arose because he has to manage it manually. He has a spreadsheet, but he calculated all inventory and arranged booking manually. He asked me to tidy his spreadsheet, but, instead of tidying up his, I created a new spreadsheet for his needs.
I tried to make it as simple as possible, but it should accommodate many rental businesses. If you are in needs of this spreadsheet, I hope this spreadsheet should meet your expectation.
The objective is to calculate remaining inventory based on initial, rented, and booked stocks. Plus, there are purchased stocks that should add particular item quantity and lost/broken stocks that should reduce the number of available quantity. I call this simple because it has no chart and calendar features like you see in particular reservation spreadsheet. But, it is very easy to use. One thing, you can use all available features in free version.
Okay, what kind of rental businesses that might suit with this inventory and booking manager for rental business? Almost all. Several businesses that cross my minds are :
- Costume (Halloween costumes, superhero costumes, graduation party costumes etc)
- Musical Instrument (guitar, sound system, saxophone etc)
- Party Supplies (tableware, linens, tables, chairs, tent, catering equipment etc)
- Medical Equipment (hospital bed, wheel chairs etc)
- Consumer Electronics (cameras, laptop, televisions, projectors, printers etc)
- Wedding (tables, chairs, flowers, stage, costumes etc)
- Travel and Leisure (surfing boards, bicycle, motorbike, etc)
- And many more
What about car rental? Will it fit? Well, it depends on your objective. If your interest to see the availability in daily bases, then, yes, it fits. If you need more detailed information, like kilometers, car numbers etc, then you might consider other spreadsheet.
In conclusion, as long as your interest is to get the update of your current inventory and organize your booking, then this spreadsheet is your solution.
Here are short steps to use this spreadsheet:
- Go to Inventory worksheet. Type year period. It will populate dates to cover one year booking period.
- Fill inventory item table. Type Item ID, Name and Quantity. Free spreadsheet only accommodate 20 item. There is a daily inventory table next to that table. In this table, Excel formula will update item quantity based on new purchase/lost or broken item. In free version, only initial stocks that will take into account since you can’t update purchase/lost/broken table.
- Fill Booking table. Here you need to type Customer Name, select the Item ID to reveal rented item, type booked quantity as well as its respective rented period. Other columns are optional.
- That’s all. You can go to Booking Summary to see how many item you have left and how many that has been booked at particular dates. You can switch those information by toggling cell E4 option (Remaining Quantity or Rented Quantity). There are stock availability markers that will inform you how many stocks you have when they meet a certain level. If you have no stocks, then you will see red background in particular item and date. Also, you can specify the minimum item quantity that you want to get alerted by changing cell M4.
There is one important worksheet to update the inventory quantity based on new item purchase, lost or broken. But, it is only available in Pro version of inventory and Booking manager for rental business spreadsheet. You may see how it looks in Daily Tracker worksheet. Remaining two greyed worksheets are customer and supplier worksheets you can use to record your customer and supplier information.
You can develop this inventory manager spreadsheet to accommodate your specific needs. For example, you can add chart to see the performance of your business, or you can add invoice worksheet to make integrate your invoice management within one single spreadsheet. It needs Pro/Paid version to start developing it since worksheets in free version are protected.
You can download the free version below to play around with existing features as well as to get the feeling on how to use this inventory spreadsheet.
Inventory and Booking Manager for Rental Business Lite V1.61 (288.6 KiB, 975 hits)