This Last Man Standing Competition spreadsheet is an excel prediction game you can apply to any kind of sports competition. The aim of this prediction game is to pick and predict one team/people who will win in every rounds where the pick cannot be the same in every round. It should be easy in the beginning but it should be tougher at the end because of “can’t pick the same team” rule. The winner is the sole survivor by the end of competition period.
Basic rules implemented in this spreadsheet are as follows :
– One competition is defined as a half competition where all teams will meet each other once. You can customize it by specifying the number of round and matches.
– Each players must pick the winner in every round for the whole competition
– Each players cannot pick the same team in each round
– If your team’s game is postponed, you will advance to the next round automatically
– If result of your team’s game is draw, you will be eliminated
– This game rolls on until one player remains even though the competition is not over yet. Remember that the basic idea is finding the Lone Survivor.
There are 5 working worksheets in this template. Those are,
– Setup : to set this prediction game parameter
– Matches : to type team matches for the whole competition and its result
– Pick : to pick teams (worksheet where players can pick their teams)
– Last Man Standing Race Board – by Player Name : to see race movement based on player name
– Last Man Standing Race Board – Leaderboard : to see race movement ranked by players with better correct prediction
This 2015/2016 UEFA Champions League will enter the 61st season as Europe’s premier club soccer tournament. Its format has been changed several times, and 2015/2016 format will remain the same with last year format, where 32 teams will be distributed into 8 groups and the top two in each groups will advance to the knock out round. Compared with last year, there is a change on assigning first seeded in each group. It is not based on UEFA coefficient anymore. It will be based on last season Champions League winner (Barcelona) plus Football League Winners from 7 UEFA countries. And the draw that held in Monaco on 27th August 2015 has yielded groups with club participants as follows :
Group A – Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo FF
Group B – PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg
Group C – Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana
Group D – Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach
Group E – Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, AS Roma, BATE Borisov
Group F – Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiacos, Dinamo Zagreb
Group G – Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kyiv, Maccabi
Group H – Zenith St. Petersburg, Valencia, Lyon, Gent
As you can see, there are 5 Spanish clubs in Group Stages this season. What an achievement.
These are the latest spreadsheets for European Soccer Leagues season 2015/2016 in 6 countries. Those are Liga BBVA (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Bundesliga (Germany), Ligue 1 (France), Eredivisie (Netherlands) and Primeira Liga (Portugal). First matches of those leagues are started in August. And because of Euro 2016 Qualification matches, all of those leagues are just completed 2-4 matches. It is still too early to predict which teams that will become a champion by the end of this 2015/2016 season even though the favorite are remain the same. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico are still becoming people favorite to win Liga BBVA. AS Roma, Juventus, Internazionale, Milan and Napoli look like will compete for Scudetto in Italy. Paris Saint Germain and Bayern Munich are clear favorites to retain their crown. Ajax and Porto are also becoming the strong candidates to win their respective leagues. All leagues will complete their matches earlier than last season to give their players enough rest and preparation for Euro 2016 tournament that will start in June.
As usual, these spreadsheets are created specifically for those respective leagues. And it is the 3rd time that all spreadsheets are using Soccer League Creator template to emulate those leagues. To use them is simple. All you have to do just typing the scores and see the standings adjusted automatically based on certain rules applied in each country.